How to handle misbehaving contributors
A reminder of things admins can do
- Hide comments from a contributor (that includes comments on sentences and messages on the Wall). The contributor and all the admins will still see the content of the comment, but everyone else will see instead the info text "The content of this message goes against our rules and was therefore hidden. It is displayed only to admins and to the author of the message."
- Block a contributor. They will still be able to log in, post comments and edit their existing sentences, but they will no longer be able to add new sentences.
- Suspend a contributor. They will no longer be able to log in.
- If the contributor does not have a history of bad behavior:
- Send them a warning stating that their behavior does not comply to our code of conduct and that they risk being suspended.
- Send a report to the community admins with a copy of the warning and a copy of the evidence that they misbehaved.
- If the contributor has already received a warning, change their status to "spammer" from the admin page.
- An email notification should be sent to the community admin mailing list. If for some reason you notice that this email is not sent, please send an email manually and report to firstname.lastname@example.org that the email notification email is not working properly.
- You may suspend the account of a "new" contributor without sending any prior warning if you have evidence that the person behind the new account was already suspended on a previous account.
The user has posted a comment that is against our etiquette
Hide the comment then follow the general guidelines.
The user has added sentences with malicious intent
Set their level to "-1" from the admin page then follow the general guidelines.
If they are able to express that they understand the harm of their sentences and will not continue it, we can give them another chance and set their level back to "0".
The user has sent inappropriate private messages
Just follow the general guidelines.