How to request modification of a language name or icon
Name in English
When choosing the name of a language in Enlgish, we will usually follow the name that is used in the ISO 639-3 specification.
In case you believe we should use another name, please contact us and provide the following information:
- The name of the language as it currently is.
- The name of the language as you think it should be.
- References (to articles, linguistic papers, books...) to prove that the new name is more appropriate.
Name in other languages
If you are viewing the Tatoeba website in another language than English, then the language name may have been wrongly translated.
To fix the translation, you can join the Tatoeba project on Transifex. Please see the article about interface translation.
It can happen that we do not choose the most appropriate icon to represent a language. If that is the case for your language, you can contact us and provide the following information:
- The name of the language.
- Explanation of why is the icon not appropriate.
- Optionally, make a suggestion of what image we can use for the new icon. Please read our policies for language icons.
If you are registered on Tatoeba, please post a message on the Wall with the necessary information.
As a last resort, if your Wall post seems to have been forgotten, you can contact directly the language team (sabretou, Ricardo14 and soliloquist) via private message.
If you are not registered and do not wish to register, you can contact the Tatoeba team via email.