Code of Conduct
This code of conduct is a general guideline of how we expect Tatoeba members to behave for the community to remain healthy.
We strive to
- Be respectful. Accept people for who they are and treat them with dignity regardless of their opinions.
- Be understanding. Show compassion and empathy towards others.
- Be patient. Give people time and take your time. No matter the situation, we are not in a race, we are not in a rush.
We do not tolerate
- Insults: saying something offensive about someone or some people.
- Harassment: bothering someone repeatedly.
- Accusations: stating that someone is doing something with bad intentions.
- Blaming: saying that a problem is someone’s fault.
- Provocation: writing something that intentionally makes other people angry.
- Retaliation: replying to insults, harassment, accusations, blaming or provocation with something that doesn't help.
- Bad faith: lying, deceiving, being dishonest.
- Sabotage: intentionally damaging the corpus.
- Spam: posting messages or links whose primary purpose is to sell products or services unrelated to the project.
Generally speaking, we do not tolerate any kind of behavior that harms the collaborative and civilized atmosphere of Tatoeba.
If you consider that someone's behavior is not compliant to the Code of Conduct, the first step is to try to talk to this person in private and explain why you found their behavior unacceptable.
You can send a private message to a member by going to their profile page and clicking on the "Contact" button.
We encourage members to resolve issues on their own whenever possible before escalating the issue because we believe this helps build a better understanding between members, which is essential for a healthy community.
We also encourage members to use private communication channels as much as possible because posting comments about someone's behavior on public spaces can easily turn into public shaming, which we do not believe to be helpful in conflict resolution.
Reporting unacceptable behavior
In the event that an issue cannot be resolved privately, you can send an email to email@example.com or a private message to TatoebaAdmins.
Community admins will decide case by case what is the best course of action to prevent further harm. Actions that community admins can perform in case of lack of cooperation include:
- Hiding or deleting a comment
- Editing or deleting a sentence
- Blocking an account from contributing sentences
- Suspending an account
In case you are interested in reading the previous articles on this topic:
These articles are only here as a reference, however. Our official policies regarding bad behavior are explained in the present article.