How to Become an Advanced Contributor
Go back to tatoeba.org.
If you have been contributing on the website for a while and have written at least 1,000 sentences, and you feel the need to add tags to sentences or edit transcriptions, you should contact Pfirsichbaeumchen.
After you become an advanced contributor, you will be able to do the following things.
If you want to become an advanced contributor
Step 1. Contact Pfirsichbaeumchen to inform her of your wish. In your message, please explain why you have decided to apply.
Step 2. You will be informed by private message of the decision. If you feel the request was unfairly denied or ignored, the first thing to do is to explain to the admin why you believe this is the case. (For instance, perhaps she is unaware of some of your contributions.) If you do not receive a satisfactory response, contact email@example.com. Note that Pfirsichbaeumchen is part of the team, so she will receive your e-mail. Unless you have exhausted your other options, please do not post your grievances on the Wall, since this will probably not end up helping you.
If you want someone else to become an advanced contributor
Step 1. Talk to them to make sure they're interested, and encourage them to apply.
Step 2. You should also contact the admin and indicate that you support that person's becoming an advanced contributor. This way, admins will know that there is a demand for a specific contributor to become an advanced contributor, and if they do apply, their application will be more likely to be accepted.
Conditions to become an advanced contributor
This status is given to users who are fairly familiar with the project and have made sufficient contributions to it.
First, make sure you have read and understood the entire guide to being a good contributor.
The decision to grant you the status of advanced contributor depends on:
- how long you have been a member (in general we would wait until you've been a member for at least two weeks)
- how much you have contributed (which is not limited to adding sentences and translations; comments on sentences also count)
- how well you understand Tatoeba (especially the concepts of "linking" and "tagging")
- how many other members support your candidacy
Removal of advanced contributor status
Advanced contributor status may be removed for any of the following reasons:
- the advanced contributor wishes to give up his or her status, for whatever reason
- destructive behavior, as determined by the admins