NoticeThis page show a previous version of the article
The Tatoeba Project Wiki
This is the wiki for The Tatoeba Project.
Table of Contents
For New Contributors
How to Do Things
- How to Search for Text
- How to Be a Good Contributor
- How to Become an Advanced Contributor
- How to Become a Corpus Maintainer
- How to Limit Which Translations Are Displayed
- How to Write a Bug Report or Enhancement Request
- How to Request a New Language
- How to Write Dialogues
- How to Contribute Audio for Tatoeba
- How You Can Help the Tatoeba Project
- How to Make Shortcuts to the Pages You Use Frequently
- How to Use Tags
- How to Translate the Tatoeba Website
- How to Quickly Do a Lot of Linking
- How to Delete Your Account
- What Can Advanced Contributors Do?
- Introduction to Linking
- Sample Workflow Using a Bookmarklet to Link
- Current status of our servers
- List of Tatoeba bookmarklets
- User scripts
- User script requests
Google Summer of Code (GSoC)
- Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Ideas for Student Projects
- Saeb's (lool0) work log
- Pallav's work log
- Jake's work log
- Harsh's work log
For Developers Working on Tatoeba.org
- How to Prepare a Development Environment for Tatoeba Using a Pre-made Virtual Machine
- Installing and Configuring Sphinx Search
- Adding a New Language to the Corpus (for Developers)
- Installing and Configuring Bazaar
- Extracting and Committing UI Strings and Their Translations
- List of Functionality to Test
- Admin Logs
- Notes on duplicate merging process
For Developers Using the Tatoeba Corpus
For Developers Who Want to Install Tatoeba App on Their Own Web Server
About the Tatoeba Project
- The Story of the Tatoeba Project
- The History of the Tatoeba Project - currently on another website.
- About the Tatoeba Project
- Link to Projects Using the Tatoeba Corpus
These pages are no longer current, but may be of historical interest.
- See the top menu of Unofficial Offsite Support for Tatoeba.org. Some of these things would be appropriate for this wiki.
This wiki is the official wiki for the Tatoeba project. It serves three main purposes:
- Centralize the documentation for the projects (official rules, how-to, FAQ, etc.), in a website that is easy to find, translate, and update.
- Centralize the explanations about the languages themselves, explanations of grammar points, common translation pitfalls, etc.
- Have a place to organize and follow long-term tasks on the corpus (for example, tracking the users who are proofreading a particular language, or which public-domain books are being imported).
For the moment, only registered people can edit the wiki, and for technical reasons, the accounts are not yet linked with the main Tatoeba website.
Also, it is not yet possible to create an account on the wiki directly. You may send sysko a private message via tatoeba or an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he will create an account for you. The reason is that at the very beginning it will be more important to organize the future structures and hierarchy we will adopt for the articles than to add a lot of content.