Welcome to the official wiki for Tatoeba (http://tatoeba.org).
This wiki aims to gather documentation, guidelines and rules for users of the website and for contributors of the corpus.
If you are looking to get involved in the developement of the Tatoeba website, please check our other wiki on GitHub.
New to Tatoeba
See also "About the Tatoeba Project" below.
Using the website
- How to Limit Which Translations Are Displayed
- How to Search for Text
- How to Make Shortcuts to the Pages You Use Frequently
Contributing to the corpus
- How to Be a Good Contributor
- How to Write Good Sentences
- Why you should avoid copy-pasting
- How to Write Dialogues
- How to Quickly Do a Lot of Linking
- How to contribute under CC0
Using Tatoeba's data
- How to Request a New Language
- How to Request a New Transcription, Transliteration or Alternative script
Getting involved further
- How to Browse Sentences with Audio
- How to Contribute Audio for Tatoeba
- How to Choose a License for Your Audio Contributions
Please be Responsible Members of Our Commnity
- How to Make Your Own Anki Deck That Includes All the Sentences You Want from Tatoeba with Audio
- How to Make an Anki Deck with Tatoeba Sentences Using Tab-delimited Bilingual Sentence Pairs that include only Proofread English linked to Native Speaker Sentences