NoticeThis page show a previous version of the article
Welcome to the official wiki for Tatoeba (http://tatoeba.org).
This wiki aims to gather documentation, guidelines and rules for users of the website and for contributors of the corpus.
If you are looking to get involved in the development of the Tatoeba website, please check our other wiki on GitHub.
New to Tatoeba
Using the website
- How to Search for Text
- How to Limit Which Translations Are Displayed
- How to Make Shortcuts to the Pages You Use Frequently
Contributing to the corpus
- How to Be a Good Contributor
- How to Write Good Sentences
- How to help improve sentences
- Why you should avoid copy-pasting
- How to Write Dialogues
- How to Quickly Do a Lot of Linking
- How to contribute under CC0
- Contributing in a language that is not your strongest
Using Tatoeba's data
- How to Request a New Language
- How to request modification of a language name or icon
- How to Request a New Transcription, Transliteration or Alternative script
Getting involved further
- How to Request Deletion of Your Account
- How to Request a Change of Username
- How to Get a New Password
- How to Browse Sentences with Audio
- How to Contribute Audio for Tatoeba
- How to Choose a License for Your Audio Contributions
- How to mass import sentences
- How to handle misbehaving contributors
- How to handle contributors who submit low quality sentences
- How to handle account deletion requests
Please be Responsible Members of Our Community
- How to Make Your Own Anki Deck That Includes All the Sentences You Want from Tatoeba with Audio
- How to Make an Anki Deck with Tatoeba Sentences Using Tab-delimited Bilingual Sentence Pairs that include only Proofread English linked to Native Speaker Sentences
Contributing to this wiki
If you would like to help improving the documentation in this Wiki, please contact Guybrush88 by private message.
If you do not have a Tatoeba account, you can also try to reach out to him in our chatroom or you can send us an email to email@example.com.