NoticeThis page show a previous version of the article
The Tatoeba Project Wiki
This is the wiki for The Tatoeba Project.
Table of Contents
For New Contributors
How to Do Things
- How You Can Help the Tatoeba Project
- How to Be a Good Contributor
- What Can Advanced Contributors Do?
- How to Request a New Language
- How to Delete Your Account
- How to Limit Which Translations Are Displayed
- Introduction to Linking
- Sample Workflow Using a Bookmarklet to Link
- How to Quickly Do a Lot of Linking
- How to Write Dialogues
Details for Geeks
Contributor to Tatoeba Developer Communication
- How to Install the CakePHP Version of the Tatoeba Web App
- Using the Tatoeba Corpus for Your Own Projects
- Guide for Programmers Who Want to Help with the Tatoeba Web App
About the Tatoeba Project
- The Story of the Tatoeba Project
- The History of the Tatoeba Project - currently on another website.
- About the Tatoeba Project
- Link to Projects Using the Tatoeba Corpus
- See the top menu of Unofficial Offsite Support for Tatoeba.org. Some of these things would be appropriate for this wiki.
This wiki is the official wiki for the Tatoeba project. It serves three main purposes:
- Centralize the documentation for the projects (official rules, how-to, FAQ, etc.), in a website that is easy to find, translate, and update.
- Centralize the explanations about the languages themselves, explanations of grammar points, common translation pitfalls, etc.
- Have a place to organize and follow long-term tasks on the corpus (for example, tracking the users who are proofreading a particular language, or which public-domain books are being imported).
For the moment, only registered people can edit the wiki, and for technical reasons, the accounts are not yet linked with the main Tatoeba website.
Also, it is not yet possible to create an account on the wiki directly. You may send sysko a private message via tatoeba or an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and he will create an account for you. The reason is that at the very beginning it will be more important to organize the future structures and hierarchy we will adopt for the articles than to add a lot of content.